Download the podcast
VOTING wasn’t a problem for most of the first-time voters whom I spoke to. Aside from flyers that were given away in front of poll precincts, all of them said that the proper voting process was followed.
What did cause a problem was that some of the first-time voters were not familiar with many of the candidates, so they had a hard time deciding whom to vote for.
Topping their list of senatorial candidates was Representative Francis “Chiz” Escudero, as well as the other members of the Genuine Opposition. The first-time voters said that they were ready for change, and that these candidates’ platforms and programs were the most youth-friendly.
In this issue
- Eenie, minnie, minie, moe…
- Podcast: First-time voters speak up
- Ghosts of past polls haunt Comelec
- Piecemeal law implementation?
- The case for computerized elections
- Guardians of the ballot
- A watchdog loses some bite
- Missing the message (or why some big ad spenders lost)
- Hey, big spenders!
- An abnormal return to normality